Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's day to all of you great mom's out there.
We had a really good day. We got up early and went to Chris' Sacrament meeting to hear her talk. She did an Awesome job. Thanks Chris you will never know how much your talk really meant to me.
After the meeting we went down to my parents for breakfast.

Dad and Josh made us breakfast burritos and fresh fruit. It was so yummy. We ate on the back porch and it was a very warm morning. This is Riley relaxing under his umbrella.

And this is my awesome big brother Josh, working on his tan. =)

My Grandma and Grandpa joined us for breakfast. This is my grandma reading her book I gave her. It's a children's book called "What if there were no Grandmas." I thought it was the cutest book. My grandma has always been there for me, I love her so much and this book had a couple blank pages at the back for me to write in so I got to express to her just a little bit of my appreciation for everything she has done for our family. I love you Grandma!

My mom got many fun gifts. This Willow Tree doll is one I got for her to show her how much she means to me. She has always been one of my best friends and she is always there for me. I don't know how I could have gotten through many of my trials include the one we are going through right now without her. Thanks for everything mom, I love you!We then went up to Riley's parents for dinner. His dad made yummy steaks and baked potatoes. This is Riley hiding from our nephews who he started a "tin foil" fight with. Every time we eat baked potatoes with the family the tin foil ends up being used as weapons.

This is Chris my loving mother-in-law. I couldn't have asked to marry into a better family. Chris is so giving and so thoughtful. She does a lot for our family. Thanks for everything Mom We Love you!


I can't go without mentioning my Sis-in-laws. For not having any sisters growing up I have been blessed with the best sisters ever. These 3 wonderful women really are sisters to me. They have all been so great. They've always been there for me through thick and thin. It's fun to talk to them about the little things that drive me crazy about Riley because their husbands are the same way. For being the "black sheep" in the family Riley really is a lot like his big brothers. Thanks Jane, Laura & Mel. I look up to all of you for the amazing women that you are. And most of all for the Wonderful Mothers that you are. You are all great examples to me. Thanks for everything. I love you!

Sunday was also Chris' birthday. Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Graciesmom said...

It was such a fun day! Thanks for the wonderful book Nana.
I love you :)

nancy said...

I love your blog it is so fun to look at and catch up on whats new in your lives!

The Mills said...

Savannah

Thanks for the fun pics once again It makes me feel at home! sounds like the Thorpe family had a great Mother's day/ Birthday!