Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cakes, Cakes and More Cakes!!!!

I took last Friday off to help my Mom make 8 cakes! One of my really good friends (Aimee) asked us to make these cakes for her Parents Mission Reunion. They served as Mission Presidents in Switzerland!
Me & Joslyn!!! She wanted so bad to help us, so we gave her some scraps and her own bowl of icing!
Mom making the German Chocolate cakes!
The Swiss Alps!!!
German Chocolate

The Swiss Flag!
A Cow Bell!! I have to admit when we got the pictures from them of some ideas of what to put on the cakes, I had to ask what the cow bell was. But apparently its a really big thing in Switzerland and Mom did an Awesome job on these!

All 8 of the cakes lined up at the Church!

After we took them to the church I headed home to make one more for my nephew Porter's Birthday party on Saturday! He wanted a Soccer ball! (I added my own touch with the Red, White and the U!) GO UTES!! (Riley's family are all really big Ute fans) Mom also made another one Friday night or Saturday morning for my cousins little boy. She made Lightening McQueen (from the movie Cars)!

All and All it was a really busy (kind of stressful) but really fun day! I just hope the people at the reunion like them!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! You guys are good! That's quite the project you took on there. I feel like having cake!

Brian and Amelia said...

Seriously, I wish I was as talented as you guys! I, too, feel like having cake, now!! They look delicious!

Graciesmom said...

So that's what the swiss cakes were for. I saw your pictures on Facebook and couldn't figure it out!
I love your cakes!

The Park's said...

You are so awesome! Your cakes look so good. You need to give us a class and teach us how to decorate them. Those are so cool!