Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yet Another...Weekend Camping Getaway!!!!!

Last weekend Riley and I went camping with Jake, Dylan and his kids. Carly had to work all weekend! We went up Strawberry River and had such a fun time. It was hot, cold, rainy, hot cold, rainy....etc.
This is our self-portrait! Ya gotta love Riley's hair! (I think)
I love Fall...This picture doesn't do the colors justice. It was so pretty up there, I love this time of year when the colors are changing!
Saturday morning while Riley and I were making breakfast, Dylan and Jake took the kids and went to find some fire wood! This is what they came back with! Can you believe they let the kids ride it back.
Just kidding the kids were in the truck, we took that picture to get arise out of Carly!
We all took turns sawing the log. Okay so I only cut like 2 pieces, but I still helped. Jake, Brennan, Dylan & Riley
When we let Gus off of his leash we had a hard time getting Ally and Grady off of Jake's 4-wheeler.
This is Dylan getting a buzz off of these energy drinks! (the guys thought they needed a little help with sawing the log, so they all downed a couple of these)
We took Gus to a little pond to go swimming. It took him a minute (and Riley throwing him in) to get used to it.
Then Riley and I took Jake & Dylan on in a Horseshoe game. Yeah We WON!!!! We were suppose to play the best 2 out 3, but after getting beat by a Girl and her husband, Jake & Dylan didn't want to play anymore! My very first throw was a "ringer" it was awesome, Jake was like..."What the..????" I think that was the only one I threw the whole game but it was still funny to see their faces!
The guys made this teeter-tater (no idea how to spell that) for the kids. They had fun playing on and using it as a balance beam as well. Dylan's parents Ma & Pa Carter came up Saturday afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning!
Riley & Jake cooking breakfast.

A picture of our Camp!!!

2 comments:

Graciesmom said...

Looks like a fun weekend!
Love Riley's hair!

The Mills said...

How fun, you guys do the funnest things, I wish we lived closer so we could go camping with you! Nana- you are amazing at CAKES!!