Thursday, September 4, 2008

From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours....

The above video is one of my favorite songs! My parents gave Riley and I this book by Michael McLean when we first started the Adoption process. I love to go into our family room and read it and just bawl my eyes out when I'm home alone. I know that sounds horrible but its a good way to remind me that we're not alone. There are a lot of people going through the same thing we are. My other favorite song in this book is one called "The Gift"....

"Some of the healing in the adoption process comes from knowing that one family's unselfish choice will open the door for another family's sweetest blessing. How does a couple take the news that they can't bring babies into the world? How long does it take them to surrender their dreams in favor of God's will? The faith they develop in that journey will help them find the faith they need to raise a child to be all that he or she was mean to be, and the gratitude that comes when such a gift is given is almost beyond expression."
THE GIFT WE COULD NOT GIVE EACH OTHER
When I was a little girl I held my dolls like children
DREAMING OF THE DAY WHEN I'D HAVE BABIES OF MY OWN
When the news was shared with me
That all those dreams could never be
It became the deepest grief my heart had ever known
There's a man who tried his best to comfort me with roses
Promising he'd find a way to make those dreams come true
HE DID EVERYTHING HE COULD
To heal my heart but nothing would
And when it seemed that we'd done everything that faith could do
A wondrous gift was given with a phone call straight from heaven
"There's a child that's nearly due that a young girl's giving you"
She gave more than just one life
When she made of this man and wife
A father and a mother when she gave the gift
We could not give each other.
More than we can ever say
Our hearts give thanks to heaven
Every time we hold this child we feel we hold the world
Words will never be enough to share the way our family feels
But with every breath we breathe we want to tell that girl
NOT A DAY IS EVER THROUGH
TILL WE THANK THE LORD FOR YOU
And sweetness lingers here
In our hearts and thoughts and prayers
You gave more than just one life
When you made of this man and wife a father and a mother
And you gave the gift we could not give each other
You have changed our lives forever
ONLY YOU AND GOD ABOVE COULD GIVE THE GIFT OF LOVE
We could not give each other.
I can't even begin to express what it was like to hear the news that we would not be able to have children on our own. I can't begin to express the heart ache we feel on a daily basis. I'm not writing this for sympathy. I'm writing this with excitement. These songs are a reminder to me that what is in our future is the greatest blessing we will ever be given! I know our father in heaven is trying to teach us patience. I try to understand this, I say I know why, but I question it every day! I just wanted to share that I do have a testimony of Families! I know a family can be together FOREVER. And I know Riley and I will be given that chance one day! So I've said it a million times before and I'll probably say it a million times again but THANK YOU! To all of our friends and family, for your understanding on a bad day, for you love, prayers and kind words. We couldn't do this without you, and we are so excited to one day share our joy with you!

10 comments:

Bambi said...

Okay so you totally made me cry. Thank you for your sweet words and sharing your tender feelings. We love you guys and can't wait to have you experience the joy and blessings of having a little one in your life and of becoming a mother. You are going to be such a wonderful mommy.

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

i'm sure you've heard it many times but that baby is out there and i am so sorry for the hurt of waiting, i can relate to that pain. When you get that little one in your arms you will know why it took so long! you were waiting for him/her! i wish you the best- and I know you'll get it.

we went private so if you'd like to email me and i can invite you! slbanks00@gmail.com

Jen said...

Sweet Savannah,

I am so sorry for that pain that you and Riley are feeling. I talked to Callie at work the other night. I love you so much. Please know that you are always in my prayers. I miss seeing you everyday. I love you so much and I KNOW THAT YOU WILL MAKE AN OUTSTANDING MOTHER!!!! Please let me know if I can do anything for you:)

Brian and Amelia said...

As always, our prayers are always with you. Thank you so much for your testimony. You two have amazing strength, and one day will be two of the best parents ever! (You already are!) We love you, don't forget that!

Alyssa Coberly said...

love you chica!

Annie said...

I finally got to hear the song, our speakers haven't been working very well. You're awesome Savannah! I think some of the greatest parents are the ones who really have to work and be patient to become parents. You guys will be awesome parents!

Aimee said...

Sav...I love you so much! My heart aches for you! I am so amazed at your courage and your strength! I Too, KNOW that there is a precious soul waiting to come to you! It will happen! Don't give up, sweetie-pie! Thanks so much for your friendship! I don't know what I would ever do without you!

LOVE YOU!!!! Aimee

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Oh Savannah, this subject is so dear to my heart. Someday it will be your day. I know I was on the other end of all of this, but I have enjoyed the blessings that come from these kinds of things. Life just works itself out. I can't wait to check your blog and see that you and Riley are going to be parents!!! I have heard this song many times and it just makes my heart ache. I know you have all the help in the world, but when the time comes that you have any questions about the other side of these situations, I would be more than happy to talk to you. LoR

Seth Ollerton said...

You are so strong! I know you guys will make great parents!

Anonymous said...

One of my friends already told me about this place and I do not regret that I found this article.