Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekend Getaway....

Last weekend we had the chance to go the cabin with Riley's entire family. (except for Mel, we missed you tons.) We had a lot of fun...

Friday night the kids decided they wanted to sleep outside in a tent.
How many guys does it take to set one up????

Jantsen, Gracie, Nic & Brooks
Riley decided to sleep out with them in-case they needed anything, but he slept on a cot right outside the tent.
Okay so he went inside the tent about 5:00 a.m. He had to recover Gracie, and get Brooks out of the corner, so he decided to just squeeze in with them.
Saturday we all went for a ride. We had 4 four-wheelers, 3 motorcycles and 16 people! You do the math... We had 3 people on each 4-wheeler. Luckily Riley had his motorcycle so I ended up with 2 of the kids instead of having to ride with him. ( I like to be in control of the machine)
This is just one of the Amazing views from our ride!
When we made it to end of the trail everyone decided to catch some grasshoppers in this field.
Ryann and I sittin on the four-wheeler. (I know this is a horrible self-portrait of me, but doesn't Ryann look adorable)

When we got back from the ride the kids wanted to go fishing at the gate! Surprisingly Riley caught the only fish!!!!
Then he decided that Gus needed to go for a swim so he threw him in. I know it looks mean, but he hates when we squirt him with the hose, and he needs to learn to be a waterdog with our family!!!!
After throwing him in, he had to give him some lovin so he knew we still love him!!!
After fishing Riley and I went to shoot my gun! You can't really tell in this picture but this is the pink & purple gun Riley built me for my birthday. This was the first time it has been shot, and I LOVE IT!!!! It only jammed the first few bullets, but then I shot through 40 rounds no problem! Thanks fam for a really fun weekend, we need to do it more often!!!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Looks like a fun weekend! If you guys wanted to come catch grasshoppers in our yard you're more than welcome - they're everywhere! I'm excited for Moon Lake next week! We'll see you there, right?

The Mills said...

looks like fun!

Brian and Amelia said...

You guys always have way too much fun! I love to read about your fun adventures - you both have great families! Can't wait to see you at Moon Lake!!

Kip & Erica Prestwich said...

So you have gone from cheer to having your own gun. Thats cool that your husband made your gun looks like fun.Kip