Monday, July 7, 2008

Fishing Tournament!!!

A couple of weeks ago we went to our cabin up at Scofield for the annual Scofield West Fishing Derby! It starts at 8:00 A.M. and stops at 3:00 P.M. Well we went out in the boat about 9:00 and we weren't having any luck! We went in to the cabin for a potty break then, went back out. At about 1:30 I caught the first fish of the day! Right after I caught mine, my mom caught one just smaller than mine. Then Dad caught one too! We hurried in to weigh in before the tournament ended!

My fish is the fist one, then Moms, and Dad's would be the most colorful one. Yep Mine was the biggest! At 6:00 everyone got together for a pot-luck dinner, and they announced the winners! Well low-and-behold.... I won the women's! I was so excited!

2 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

Congratulations! What a fun tournament and thing to do with your mom and dad! Did you win anything cool?

Riley & Savannah said...

Everyone has to put in $3 to enter the tournament and then they split it up at the end, Womens, Mens and Kids! I won $100.00