Monday, February 4, 2008

FAITH!!!!

So a couple of weeks ago we had a Stake Relief Society breakfast/meeting! I wasn't going to go, but Saturday morning rolled around and I knew I needed to go. With the hole adoption thing I have been an emotional wreck. It's quit the emotional rollercoaster. But the first speaker was a Friend of the family Marilyn Mortensen. The topic of her talk was "A House of Faith." I sometimes forget to rely on my Faith, but she gave some really good quotes that touched me, so I thought I should share them:


"Faith is the great moving power that will help us move forward in our lives..." President Hinkley.

"God is your Eternal Father, what a Marvelous birth right this is."

"Stand tall and live the gospel."

"Faith is not knowing that he can, Faith is knowing that he will."

Our guest speaker was a women named Diane Schmidt. She also gave a really good talk and had some wonderful quotes:

"We chose our most difficult challenges, because we wanted character."

"We must have TRUST in our Heavenly Father to help us get through our trials."

Our final speaker was our Stake President; President Norman. He gave one quote that hit me hard, because I believe that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me patience in waiting for that precious child to come into our family. He quoted:

"Building an Eternal Home takes a lifetime!"

I've had many trials in my life as I know all of you have had. But if we keep our faith and turn to it and our Heavenly Father we will be able to overcome these trials!



3 comments:

Graciesmom said...

Great quotes.

Brian and Amelia said...

Those are really great quotes! I especially like the one that says we chose our challenges because we want character. There have been many times where it has helped me to think of this, and also that our Heavenly Father would never give us a trial that we couldn't handle - and that we're never alone! Isn't the gospel a wonderful thing? I honestly don't know what we'd do without it!

Jen said...

Great post!! Those quotes were very cool. It was so fun to see you the other day. Lets do lunch