Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Moon Lake "Out of this world, but still in Utah!"

Warning: There is A LOT of pictures on this post! :0) Every year my mom's family (her siblings and their kids, and their kids etc) go camping for a week at Moon Lake! I love this freakin place, it is so pretty, and so much fun to be with everyone. Unfortunately Riley and I were only able to go down Thursday-Sunday!Friday I got up and made cinnamon rolls! Joslyn loved them so much, she ate 4 of them herself! You can't really tell, but her face is covered with icing! She even stole Grandpa's out of his hand!The girls had fun all week "painting rocks!" Joslyn, Kate, Kaylee and I!
Apparently the fishing wasn't very good earlier in the week, but there were lots of pot-guts! So dad decided to show the kids how to fish for pot-guts! It's kind of hard to tell in this picture but Riley is holding Joslyn's Princess fishing pole with a pot-gut on the end of the line by it's foot! (don't worry we didn't hurt them)While Riley was catching pot-guts I was making a family favorite! (peanut-butter rice krispies with chocolate/butterscotch icing)! I left a little icing in the bowl and handed it over to the kids with spoons! This is just one result! Notice the sugar pixie stick in her hand too! She ate 3 of those while we were there!Friday we had a family Horseshoe tournament! We draw names out of a hat who are partners are going to be, and Mom creates a tournament board! Dad takes this very serious, and the rest of us just have fun, except for those who want to beat dad!!!! But that didn't happen this year! Dad and Heidi (my cousin) were the Champions!!!Kate, Cambree and Joslyn entertaining each other while the adults played the tournament!After the tournament we decided to take Gus down to the lake for a swim! We bought him a duck to fetch with, so we can train him to hunt! He wasn't so sure about the cold water at first, but after Riley got in with him for awhile he was loving it. He did awesome retrieving his duck! We are so proud of our little baby!!!Mom, Joslyn and Dad came down to the lake with us, to see how Gus would do!Friday night the entire family joined at Uncle Alan's camp and had a pot-luck dinner! There was enough food to feed an army! It's so much fun to sit in a circle and enjoy everyones company! After dinner the kids went crazy in the middle of the circle playing with some soccer balls. The biggest kid of all "Riley" was a huge instigator in this!I hurried and ate my dinner then stole Baby Penny from my cousin Chad and held her the rest of the time! She is such a good baby!Saturday we all gathered at our camp for a bottle rocket!!! My uncle Marvin built this rocket launcher that launches 2 liter bottles! He would put a bowl full of candy on top of the bottle so when they launched it the candy flew everywhere and the kids could race to get it!The little ones also had fun taking turns pushing the button!Gus-Gus was such a good puppy! He loved all the attention he got from everyone too!!!

Most of the family headed home Saturday, but we stuck around until Sunday! So Sunday afternoon we decided to head back to the lake for one last dip!

Riley, Joslyn, Kaylee and Jake (cousin)

Josh, Gus and Riley!!!! Josh took Riley down in the lake, it was really funny! He also got my dad too! If I can figure out how to post video I will post some later!


And this is where I sat, (tailgate of daddy's truck) The water was a little to cold for me!

Me, Kaylee, Joslyn and Mom!

Okay so check out my outfit! I was wearing pants, but it was too hot, so I went in the trailer to change! Riley had given me a hard time earlier about wearing my "comfort cloths"! So this is how I came out, all just to embarrass him!

This was my inspiration!!! Riley helped her put her shoes and socks on and he pulled her socks up as far as they would go and sent her off to play!!! (so yeah my outfit creation was all Riley's fault)

Here we are in our "comfort cloths!" Aren't we cute?

We can't wait until next year!!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

It's so beautiful up there I miss it already! I love your comfort clothes!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Alright two questions, how do you fish for pot-guts and second how do I get to moon lake? That looks amazing! I need to go there, I can tell! You guys look like you have so much fun! Now it's onto hunting season! Busy busy! LoR