Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Spiritual Hunger

The search for peace is one of the ultimate quests of the human soul. We all have highs and lows, but such times come and they usually always go. Kind neighbors assist. Beautiful sunshine brings encouragement. A good night's sleep usually works wonders. But there are times in all of our lives when deep sorrow or suffering or fear or loneliness makes us cry out for the peace which only God Himself can bring. These are times of piercing spiritual hunger when even the dearest friends cannot fully come to our aid.
Jeffrey R. Holland (Wisdom of the Prophets)

1 comments:

Vanessa Jane said...

oh savannah, I really needed to hear this quote today. this move to logan has been hard for me. and it's hard to feel peace right now. I know it's just an adjustment period and things will get better, but I had a couple of days where I couldn't feel good. I have had to really rely on my Heavenly father and the scriptures. I don't know what I would do without the gospel.